Friday, March 5, 2010

Chile Earthquake Aftermath #9

Dear Brother:

Receive our greetings in the love of God.

Today has been a day of work in a large area as we left this morning at 6 a.m. with the brother architect, evaluating church building to church building. In the roads we could observe the tremendous force of this earthquake, high quality highways were moved from their foundations and they collapsed in several points. It was difficult to move from place to place but we made it to the churches to inspect them with the architect.

I have just arrived at home and am leaving immediately to the meeting of the leadership of the churches. This meeting is of utmost urgency. After the meeting I will send you any news that I learn in the meeting as well as provide you with our plan of action.

I have had the first tragic news from our church members which will require that I hurry my trip to Curicó. The family Villalobos of the church has given me the news of their bereavement with the earthquake causing the death of a nephew. Also with the later tsunami, a married couple of the same brothers' family were dragged into the sea. One body has been found. The body of the wife, Fanny, has not returned from the sea. Please pray for the family Villalobos that this very grief stricken and afflicted.

There is also a lot of need for basic provisions. It is my plan to take essential things to the families and children that we assist in the church in Curico as they need help immediately.

I have not had time for tears, but my heart anguishes when I see so very many people that suffer.

Please pray for those who suffer don't know the comfort of Jesus Christ.

Pray for us so that God will give us wisdom to take Jesus Christ to so many souls that feel abandoned today.

I visited in the fourth church, Cerro Navia, and when the technical and final report is complete, I will share it with all. However, the church building is seriously damaged and it should be demolished. The authorities have declared it uninhabitable, so I prepared its closing. We plan to begin tomorrow the construction of a great temporary room that will serve as a meeting place for the church. The house next door that Juan and Mirta with their sons inhabit belongs to the mission, and thanks to God this building is not in bad shape. It seems to be repairable and we plan to proceed with all urgency to make it safe and remove the rubbish of a fire that engulfed the neighboring house.

Today, in our meeting, we will see what resources the leaderhip will assign for these tasks.

It is my plan to send you an email with the news of our meeting either very late tonight or in the early morning.

In Christ

Pastor David Horta S.

No comments:

Post a Comment