Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Chile Earthquake Aftermath #21

Dear Brother in Christ:

Indeed we have not had a lot of rest. Yesterday, which has become our habit, we were the whole day in the working on the church building. Today we also visited families of the church.

I still have not had time to fix the roof of my house with the damages that it suffered. The damages were minimal, but with all the aftershocks the damage has been increased and will require more work than when the damage happened.

Having worked in this disaster all these days, I find that we are destitute of many needed things, including tents and tarps for emergency cover, lamps or lanterns, an electric generator, etc. The list is long.

At this time, I am encouraging members of our churches to gather toiletry articles, toothpaste, detergents, soap, cleaning supplies, etc. Really in the south there is necessity of everything.

I and soon sending you the report on my recent trip to Curico.

Once again we thank you for your concern and motivation to work with us in Chile.

With love in Christ

Pastor David Horta

No comments:

Post a Comment