Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Something to think about

ME

A nickel, a dime, a dollar or two:
What does it mean to someone like you?

A snack or a treat or a candy bar:
It’s everyday life as we cruise in our car.

Air-conditioning and heat and the conveniences of life:
A fly or mosquito are our life’s only strife.

Houses and toys and gadgets of all kind:
We heap to ourselves until we are blind.

Blind to the lost and hurting out there:
With no one to help and no one to care.

We sit in our churches so snug and refined:
While the world goes to hell and we remain blind.

Christmas and Easter and Halloween too:
We spend all our money but still remain blue.

Can we not see the price that He paid:
Was for others who in life’s ditches have laid.

Can we pass by on the other side:
And turn a deaf ear to those who have cried.

Will we remain complacent you see:
I have decided it’s not just all about me.

But if I would look as Jesus has said:
I would give money, I would give bread.

I would arise and look on their plight:
I would fund missions and take my flight.

To carry the true Gospel to others you see:
Because I have come to realize that it’s not just
all about me.


By Jack M. Skinner

“Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest?
behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for
they are white already to harvest.” (John 4:35)

No comments:

Post a Comment